Friday, October 24, 2014

8 Ways to Communicate with Families: Beyond the Home Note

Wow, my self-created fall break was so amazing it's hard to get back into the swing of things. But I'm BACK!

In my last post I talked about home notes as a way to communicate between school and home. I promised at the end to talk about some different ways we can communicate with families (and families can communicate with schools) so I want to focus on that today along with some of the pros/cons about the different ways to get information between the two settings. I have talked about why this is important for individuals in special education, but there is also research that indicates that for all students, having parents involved in their schooling improves their performance. I would expect it to be no different for individuals in special education and the need is even greater for different types of communication. So, here we go.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE---

No comments:

Post a Comment